Training and Enrichment Workshops
Landrum Consulting offers a variety of customized classes, seminars, trainings, and workshops geared toward building your skills and your effectiveness as a leader. Pricing for our training and enrichment workshops may vary depending on the length of the course, number of participants and specific training needs. Additionally, some courses may be available via video stream for a discounted rate. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Interviewing and Hiring - Discrimination laws are ever evolving and interviewers can often feel like they are navigating a minefield when trying to find the right fit for their job openings. This class will equip leaders with practical skills to effectively select the right applicant while giving them the legal knowledge needed to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Bullying and Harassment - Participants will gain an understanding of how to recognize harassing behaviors and avoid them, identify the difference between harassment and bullying and distinguish the boundaries between work and social environments. Leaders will be educated on the legal rights of their staff, how to foster a respectful work environment, the potential legal exposure their company has if harassment occurs and what their responsibilities are as an agent of the company in dealing with a harassment claim.
- Documentation and Discipline - Effective documentation helps guide employees, protect the organization and tell a story of employment to third parties. This class will take you step-by-step through the coaching, disciplining and termination of employees in a manner that will keep litigation at bay. Leaders will learn how managing themselves and the employment experience well will lead to better employee performance, how to use progressive discipline to turn struggling employees around and help unsuccessful employees out the door, how to document factually, when and how to discipline and tips on how to separate employment with the most positive outcome for the organization.
- Conflict Management - Participants will be introduced to the basic principles of conflict resolution. The content of this course centers upon the causes of conflict, the methods a supervisor can utilize to resolve conflict and the do’s and don’ts of effective conflict management.
- Supervisory Safety Skills - Compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations for the workplace is not only your legal obligation as an employer, it is also essential to improving workplace safety and productivity. This class will focus on helping supervisors understand OSHA as it pertains to the rights and responsibilities of an employer, the rights of an employee, OSHA regulations and the OSHA inspection process. Leaders will review effective methods to enhance workplace safety such as written programs, job safety analyses, safety audits/inspections and safety committees. This class will also help leaders recognize areas that are often responsible for work place accidents.
- Safety Pays - In today’s fast paced work environments, productivity is a critical measurement for supervisors, management or corporate leadership. Did you know that safe work processes play a major role in improving efficiency and productivity? This seminar will discuss the effects of workplace injuries, poor work processes, and non-compliance and how they affect the bottom line. Poorly designed work environments lead to many wastes such as time, material, excess inventories and excessive material handling. During this seminar you will be introduced to injury and illness prevention programs, residual risk reduction, lean, and kaizen methods – which are just a few strategies that can be used to abate risk, improve efficiency and overall employee health & safety.
- Supervisory Boot Camp - Our Boot Camp training is designed to give supervisors the essential knowledge needed to lead others in the workplace with confidence. Participants will earn their stars while they explore basic employment laws and learn what compliance of those laws look like from a practical stand point. This training will also cover how to promote a harassment free work environment, tips on interviewing and hiring, coaching employees to success and the proper use of progressive discipline.
- Myers-Briggs Team Building - In this workshop participants utilize the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to assist staff in identifying some significant personal preferences and the personal preferences of their coworkers. Attendees will learn how to use this knowledge to effectively communicate with one another, where their individual strengths lie, and how to build a stronger team.
- Conflict Management for Supervisors - Participants will be introduced to the basic principles of conflict resolution. The content of the course centers upon the skills essential to resolving conflict: listening, dialogue, communication, perception, creativity, and collaboration. The goal is to develop skills and strategies for authentic conflict resolution and effective change.
- Absence and Leave Management - This training will provide an overview of different types of long-term leave programs, both those that are required under federal and/or state law, and discretionary programs. Recommendations will be provided for how you can respond to leave requests. Personal Leave, Military Leave, Family and Medical Leave, and Domestic Violence Leave (Florida) will be reviewed.
- Legal Update - This course will discuss current changes in employment law that affect small to medium size businesses. Featured are recent decisions of the United States Supreme Court cases. Participants will gain the knowledge to implement the lessons of those decisions to avoid legal exposure.
- Conducting Employee Discipline Meetings with Confidence - This course provides supervisors with tools and techniques for modifying employee actions within the workplace. Participants will learn the value and skills necessary to coach employees towards company and personal goals, as well as the ability to apply effective progressive discipline. Participants will discover how to give honest, specific and timely feedback -- the most important element in an effective employee performance.
- Preventing Workplace Harassment - Participants will gain an understanding of how to recognize harassing behaviors and avoid them, identify the difference between harassment and bullying, distinguish the boundaries between work and social environments, improve the proficiency of employees who handle harassment complaints, and understand how to begin the investigation process.
- Employment Law Overview & Best Practices - This course offers participants a working knowledge of employment law. Supervisors are introduced to laws regulating employment in order to enhance confidence in handling employment issues. Participants will also learn when to partner with their Human Resources Manager for additional guidance. By raising a supervisor's level of knowledge of the laws and regulations, the potential for litigation is lessened.
- Customer Service, How to WOW! - Discuss how proactive customer service helps retain customers and also enhances team members' work experience. This highly interactive course touches on both telephone and in-person service to help cultivate the entire customer service experience. This course also helps team members put themselves in the customer's place to create a "what kind of service would I want" mentality.
- Managing Different Generations - Generational differences exist in the workplace now more than ever. Although we should not draw stereotypical conclusions about individual employees based on age, an understanding of common differences can be useful for managing teams, especially if there are significant age gaps between managers and employees. We will review common work style preferences among multi-generations and provide helpful tips on how to effectively manage.
- Supervisory Boot Camp - Our Boot Camp training is designed to give supervisors the essential knowledge needed to lead others in the workplace with confidence. Over the course of two days, participants will earn their stars while they explore basic employment laws and learn what compliance of those laws look like from a practical stand point. This training will also cover how to promote a harassment free work environment, tips on interviewing and hiring, coaching employees to success and the proper use of progressive discipline.
- Risk Management Seminar Safety Pays - In today's fast-paced work environments, productivity is a critical measurement for supervisors, management, or corporate leadership. Did you know that safe work processes play a major role in improving efficiency and productivity? This seminar will discuss the effects of workplace injuries, poor work processes, and non-compliance and how they affect the bottom line. Poorly designed work environments lead to many wastes such as time, material, excess inventories, and excessive material handling to name just a few. Injury and illness prevention programs, residual risk reduction (3R's), lean, and kaizen are just a few strategies that can be used to abate these risks. During this seminar attendees will learn how to apply these strategies by completing exercises.
- Adult First Aid, CPR & AED for the Workplace, Individuals and Schools - This is an American Red Cross course designed for lay responders. Participants will be trained how to respond in emergency situations as well as how to recognize and care for life-threatening respiratory or cardiac emergencies in adults. This 7-hour course (including breaks) is designed to provide the lay responder with knowledge and skills necessary to help sustain life, minimize pain, and the consequences of injury and/or sudden illness until professional medical help arrives. Participants who successfully complete the course requirements will be provided with American Red Cross certification cards for Adult CPR, AED, and First Aid. Certification is valid for two years. Additionally, participants will have access to free online digital refreshers.
Log in and Learn! Are you unable to attend our seminars in person? You and your staff have access to our *free computer based training right at your desktop. LandrumHR is pleased to partner with Training Today to offer HR Compliance & Workplace Safety courses. This flexibility allows all levels of employees and management to learn at their own pace. All courses include content testing and course tracking.
HR Training Topics
- Team Building
- Customer Service
- Effective Communication
- Business Ethics
- Coaching for Employee Success
- Stress Management
- Emergency Action and Fire Prevention
- Avoiding Back Injuries
- Preventing Slip, Trip, and Fall Injuries
- Working in Hot Conditions
- Working Safely Outdoors
* Online training is provided exclusively to LandrumHR clients.